Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Back from Belgium

I had to go off on a bit of a business trip to Belgium with my business partner Ian. We had meetings in Brussels and Liege but having recently watched the movie "In Bruges" and having very good friends there, Angela, Steve and Giles, we just had to make a pilgrimage.

Bruges is a gorgeous place, "Firkin like a fairytale" or words to that effect from the movie. Needless to say we drank lots of Belgium beer which was nice although stronger than we expected (or liked really).

I even managed a run. I circumnavigated the town by following the canals and moats around it; I ran down ancient cobbled street and up and around historical old windmills it really was magical.

Here are some photos to give you a taste of the town.









Angela, Steve and Giles (wonderful hosts - thank you).



And a few of Brussels.




No comments: