Friday, May 02, 2008

TREK, CERVELO, SCOTT?

It seems that everyone is touting the Cervelo P3C as being the ultimate aero tri bike - I've only ever owned Trek's and even I have toyed with the idea of deserting to the Canuck brand. That's until I came across this wind tunnel testing white paper. Basically, as you will see the the Trek TTX wins hands down, the P3C came second and for any Scott Plasma owners I suggest you stick a basket on the front and use it for shopping.

It's interesting how low Trek's Madone scored, which underlines just how much difference a dedicated areo TT bike makes.

(As it happens I have the Trek TTT so looks like I need to upgrade to a TTX although no test results are out on the TTT I assume that the TTX is superior.)

If you want to see the full "white paper" go to Slowtwitch.com and click on the "downloadable" for a .pdf document. The numbers don't lie - TREK rules!
















Click on image to enlarge

No comments: