Monday, February 04, 2008

2008 NYRR Half-Marathon Grand Prix

My Brother-in-law, Kapil and our cousin Nikoo did this half marathon in New York, check out how cold it is - those guys are hardcore.

Nikoo was struggling to run 10k a few weeks ago and now he's a half marathoner and is doing his second race in a few days times. Way to go Nikoo!

Not only that but checkout Nikoo on the official video near the beginning at 30 seconds, he's telling us that Queens is his favourite race out of the 5 race series. He's a celebrity now too!



Nikoo says: -

"Hi...

This is the video of the run last weekend....Half Marathon...It was freezing cold as you can see in the video what people are wearing...I am sure a lot of you would think why are you doing this...The Cold, The Pain...Believe me guys it is all worth it!!!!....

I really enjoyed this race.....13.1miles(21.1km).......I took 2.15minutes to finish it.....I started very well faster than I thought for half of the race and then came the big hilll and it took out all the gas in me......... Glad I was able to complete it....Kapil was also in the run and he finished with a much better time than mine.....I am looking to my next Half- Marathon which is just in 9days.....

Somehow before the run they were just asking people which is the best half marathon they liked the most.....and they asked me as welll....did not realize they were shooting and it is going to come online......I look really fat....especially from my cheeks....I wish they had taken after we finished the race....

Regards,

Dev (Nikoo)"

No comments: