Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Mizuno 10k Run - 9th September 2007

The Mizuno 10K is always a good race to do as the T-shirt is always a Mizuno hi-tech running shirt. I used one from a couple of years ago to do the Marathon Des Sables last year. A slight complaint this year though, the neck had almost no elasticity and so it's almost impossible to get it on and off. Oh well ay, must be my big head.

As for the race, Sam, Carmen and KK turned up an hour early and did the course in reverse prior to the race and then did the race proper. As this is still part of my rehabilitation programme I chose to spend the extra time in bed and turn up just before the gun went off.

I decided that running with Sam would be a good solid pace, faster than Subang but not too mad as he'd already done 10K. My aim was 50 minutes (the course is about 10.8K). It was soon clear that I was definitely out of shape and the few kilos I've put on certainly told going up the hills (Sam was seen waiting for me at the top of some of the longer ones).

All went well and Sam and I finished together in a time of 53 minutes which although was slower than the target time was pretty acceptable considering the hilly nature of the course and the 10.8k distance.

A big shout out to both Julie and Mariana. Julie was second woman overall and winner of her age-group. Not sure about the headphones though Julie, maybe you should share your sounds and run with a boom box on your shoulder next time?















Mariana was first woman overall and winner of the Women's Open. Great job Mariana. She is aiming to represent Malaysia at the SEA games in Duathlon. A very good medal prospect let me tell you.
















Somehow I managed to miss all of the ProMark Pacers from my office, the biggest turnout so far with Joey, Hashella, Sashvin, Foong Ling and Gan all taking part. Joey of course is a regular, Sashvin did his first race at Subang Jaya and I'm told won a digital camera in the lucky draw. Hashella always enters but is never able to make it because of her Saturday night partying commitments - but there's a first time for everything.

As far as I know this was Foong Ling and Gan's first race too.


They all finished and as you can see got their medals - great effort guys, I'm so impressed and proud of you all. Joey called me when I was half way home but I wasn't going to miss the photo opportunity with these new up and coming running stars so I headed back for the photo shoot.


Without doubt Hashella gets the prize for the best dressed runner.

No comments: