Monday, September 10, 2007

Vitruvian Half Ironman 2007

Hi my name is Chris, I enjoy crochet, knitting, poetry and going to the ballet. Also I enjoy standing around in knee deep water wearing a rubber suit, (hands on hips) with other like minded chaps.















I can only assume Chris' wife Chantal posted this particular "manly" picture with a wry and mischievous smile on her face!

The Race
Chris completed the Vitruvian Half Ironman in the UK on Saturday in the excellent time of 5:02:56 (35.21 Swim, 2.42.33 Bike, 1.41.40 Run) .

Chris was very keen to hear that I was recovering from my recent bout of pneumonia as he will be racing with us in Australia for the WA Ironman on the second of December. To quote him he said, "I'm pleased that you'll be on the start line with me so I can kick your butt!".

I issued similar retorts of bravado but having seen his Half Ironman result I realise just how much work is a head of me to even be on the same page of results let alone compete with him. I can only hope he's peaking too early.

See the full write up and photos by clicking here.

No comments: