Monday, September 24, 2007

Various - Quick Update

1. Boys are in Bangkok with Shilpa and their Nana and Nani (Maternal Grandparents). I'm missing them terribly but got to video Skype with them on Saturday night - did I ever mention how gorgeous they are?

Seb tried to give me bits of paper through the screen before he reverted to his favorite pass time of hitting as many keys on the keyboard as he can.

Sid on the other hand had a grin from ear to ear and kept saying "Daddy Daddy" and blowing me flying kisses - It's soooo cool being a Dad, especially with those two.

2. Nice ride on Saturday to Bentong. A bit of an accident coming back as Lisa took a tumble when she touched wheels with the rider in front. Gane, tried out his BMX skills and road over the top of her bike - blimey, it could have been nasty but besides a bit of road rash and slightly bent bike bits everyone was OK.

3. Patrick was seen careering down the other side of the road towards Bentong and later caught up (I assume once he's refueled at the petrol station).

4. I carried on at the final drink stop as I wanted to get a 5k run in after the ride - I did this although it wasn't much fun, too hot, too tired and too much traffic - I then went home and slept for three hours.

5. England beat Samoa in the Rugby World Cup. Although they put on a good performance against Samoa, if they get through to the next round then they play Australia and the Ozzies are just waiting to rub our noses in it after the last World Cup (in case you don't know we beat them in the final).

6. 21k run early Sunday morning - golly that was tough although there were periods where I had a second wind. Fitness is coming back though.

7. Played golf with Henry Tan, John Penver and John Roberstson. I actually played reasonably well (first time this year) with a score of 90 .

8. Stayed up too late and watched the All Blacks dominate poor old Scotland. Scotland battled well but it was all on their 5 Yard line - ended up 40-0. Scotland must have been happy with that all things considered. Can't imagine what the score might have been has the Kiwi's not kept dropping the ball!

1 comment:

Adrian said...

scotland only lost as both teams kits were practically the same colour.

i'm devastated that you've put your PB's on your blog - you put me to shame!!