Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cardiac Ride Alert - 1st October 2008

Tomorrow is the Genting Challenge - a ride from Batu Caves to the very top of Genting Highlands (classified 'Hors categorie' - 'beyond categorisation' on the tour, as it's so steep).

I did it once before with a hangover and said "There you have it, I've done it once and that'll be that, no need to do it again" - I seem to remember it was miserable, excruciatingly painful and the last 4k being 100% standing and taking well over an hour - but that might be my imagination and poor memory - it might not be quite that bad, but then again it might be worse!


I'm preparing in the only way I know how - DENIAL - although simply writing this is screwing up that approach a little - never mind, a few beers tonight might put me back on the path to ABNEGATION.

Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there, I'm a lurker around here and has been following your blog since I stumbled upon it while you were doing Le Marathon De Sables years back. And I still enjoy it following it. Do get back and let us know about the Cardiac Ride!!