Monday, September 29, 2008

Two Amazing Records - Berlin and Kuala Lumpur

(Courtesy of the BBC)

Berlin: Haile Gebrselassie broke his own world record as he won the Berlin Marathon for the third time in a row.

The 35-year-old Ethiopian became the first man to run under two hours, four minutes as he clocked 2:03:59.

His time was nearly half a minute quicker than his previous record, set over the same course last year.

"I am so, so happy, everything was perfect, the weather was perfect, the spectators were perfect, everything - I am so happy," said Gebrselassie.

Kuala Lumpur: Shilpa Cross broke her own "world" record and completed her first run in excess of 30k on Saturday.

The 35-year-old Indian MBA student smashed her previous long run of 25k to record 31k in 3:11:12 (which includes a drink stop of 10:48).

"I was really worried before I started but when I got into it the k's just passed by and I felt stronger and stronger. The last 2k were tough but I'm just so happy," said Cross.

No comments: