Friday, January 23, 2009

End of an Era

Simon Says: - "I went to my good buddy Aswar's site today and was shocked and rather sad to read the farewell message below - Just for clarity, he's not dead just his blog 'Pipot.com' but I also assume that he is bowing out of competing in triathlons too from these and previous comments.

I first met Aswar when we were training on the track with Mr. Chan. A few years ago, since then Aswar got fitter and fitter and leaner, he got faster and faster and not only at running. He started kicking my butt in the pool. At Ironman he almost had me beat two years in a row - the fact that he was somewhere in front of me kept me going. Had he kept Ironman racing up he would have mauled me for sure.

Aswar seems now to be focusing on http://www.trikidzmalaysia.blogspot.com/ which is a fantastic commitment to make and from what I see he's loving it (more than competing it seems).

We all know he'll be back but the question is when? Don Khor took a ten year break only to come back and instantly started terrorizing us middle aged baby boomers.

It's a sad day to see Pipot.com pass away but it is replaced by something even more enduring and alluring in trikidzmalaysia (especially for us parents) as for Aswar he will be reincarnated and will be appearing at a tri somewhere near you at some point in the future - look out you 40 year olds - he'll be back!".

The farewell page from 'Pipot.com': -

Pipot is gone for good. Azwar has made a hijrah to hopefully a better place.

I thank all my readers or anyone that had passed thru here. I cherish ur support N frenship.

I thank my sponsor PowerBar for giving me the opportunity to be the best I can be. I urge everyone to buy PowerBar simply becoz they are great people N the fact that they really care about the sport. Without PowerBar i dont think triathlon in Malaysia will survive (being an organizer, I know). Its a win-win situation. Eat sleep dream PowerBar.

I apologize to those I hurt. Forgive me.

Farewell frens!! I'm definitely not coming back.

Pipot R.I.P (2003-2009)



















-Azwar-