Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Week that Wasn't (IM - 2 weeks to go)

It won't surprise you to know that after another stalled week the previous week but again banging in a big, long and fast weekend I woke up Monday morning feeling like death warmed up!

Monday to Friday Took no chances and just did not feel up to anything - Ugggg!

Saturday All the long rides in the bag so today was about an easy ride, smell the roses, listen to the birds, look at the trees. It was wonderful - I still finished 81k in 31+kph but it was effortless.

Sunday Same as yesterday, easy peasy, although we did choose Double Hill which in itself isn't easy. The pace was gentle and Sam and I even took a couple of walks in order for Harro to catch up. Strangely though it seemed harder than when I did it at the end of the 32k run last week - spooky. Afterwards I did the KL City Day run (3k) with Sid, Seb, Shilpa and my Mum and Dad.

I will try to put in a full weeks exercise next week albeit in taper mode and then what will be will be!

I haven't been on the scales for a couple of weeks really - not important now, what is important is getting to the start line healthy.

1 more week to go nothing much I can do now (except overdo it of course) - starting to think about race day clearly in my mind. I'm excited but relaxed - I've done too many of these races to expect a miracle race, I know the wheels will fall off at some point - it's just a case of managing the race as intelligently as possible to avoid that happening as long as possible - make sense?

Last year my plan was to have a solid swim, good bike and walk/run (as I had an injured foot before the race). This year I intend to race it from start to finish and see what happens (although I am under no illusions as per the previous paragraph)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all der bes...maybe around 10hrs ?

enjoy

pmtey2