Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ngae - A call to arms!

Simon says: - This is typical of Ngae and most people associated with a healthy lifestyle, they put effort into ensuring a quality life for themselves but also go out of their way to help others. Read what Ngae has to say and then in particularly what Jenny is doing for Hospis Malaysia. I'll pledge RM50 to Jenny if she completes the marathon and another RM50 to Dr. Tan for his magnificent achievement in the Gobi March.

Please consider yourselves whether you'd like to contribute to this very worthy cause and if so then add a comment and make a pledge below to Jenny on behalf of Hospis Malaysia. Even a token amount will be greatly appreciated.


Ngae say: - "Due to my surgeon's advice not to push myself too hard this year, I will be doing my first post op marathon on 28.6.2009 in rather relaxed pace. I can use the opportunity to accompany three ladies to run and finish their first marathon in the Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon 2009 on 28.6.2009. From their training record, they are expected to take 7 hours to finish the marathon. We will all be nicely toasted :) The three ladies I will have to drag through the marathon this Sunday are:

- Dr.Jenny Goon. Wife of Dr. Tan Tah Ming, the regular ironman triathlete and the Sahara and Gobi Desert Ultra Marathoner. Aged over 50, she has been a regular runner, having completed many runs, including half marathons. Hey she even beaten the husband in one half marathon before.

- Ms. Jenny Lee. She is a lawyer aged over 40 and is running her first marathon in aid of Hospis Malaysia. When her lawyer friend heard about her interest to run her first marathon, she was challenged by him to finish the marathon and win RM10.00 per km or RM420.00 from him. She told the friend concerned to give the money to Hospis Malaysia because she knew her trainer Ngae did Sahara Ultramarathon 2007 in aid of Hospis Malaysia. She finds the uniqueness of the philosophy of hospice and palliative care for terminally ill patients. She has since went on with the mission and has procured commitment from her contacts for more than RM10,000.00 for Hospis Malaysia PROVIDED she can finish the marathon on 28 June. For a first time marathon runner, it must be noted that this is significant thinking and achievement on her part. What a motivation for her to finish the marathon. She must show the finisher medal to collect the donation cheques to Hospis Malaysia.

- Ms. Jaime See. This is a female entrepreneur aged over 30 in the kitchen design and furnishing business in Taman Tun Dr. Ismail and a badminton player. She is registered to do the full marathon on 28.6.2009 even though she has not entered any running races before. Jenny Lee got her in to train together with her and I over the last two months. Initially she had difficult with her knee because of the running shoes she wore. On suggestion of Ngae, she tried her Crocs sandals in training 30km run. She found it so suitable for long run. She will wear them in the marathon.

Buddy, I am proud of my trainees' effort this coming Sunday and in particular Jenny Lee's fund raising effort for Hospis Malaysia, I request your help to post it on your popular blog with the hope that she will be able to raise more fund for Hospis Malaysia. She will be doing a poolside hat collection on 29.6.2009 at Lee Villas in addition to the pretty good commitment of more than RM10,000.00 from her friends so far. I enclose Jenny's message below."

Message from Jenny Lee: -

"Dear friends:

I am attempting my first marathon on this 28th June, the Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2009, which incidentally is the 1st year Standard Chartered is hosting it. it will be a very promising start as over 12,000 people have registered and the route runs through all the small streets of Kuala Lumpur; video link of the route: www.kl-marathon.com

What i want to share with you is that I am raising fund for Hospis Malaysia, the principal organisation providing hospice care in Malaysia. You may not know of Hospis Malaysia. It has very low profile and in need of funds as it has no political backing.

This kinda started out as a joke. Paul, a close friend of mine who did not believe I can run a marathon made a sarcastic comment. So, I challenged him to pay me rm10/- for each kilometre I complete. However, the condition is that I will have to complete the 42k marathon. This would mean 42km x rm10 = RM420.00.

When other friends found out about this, they wanted to contribute too. So, I've decided to invite you to join in this good cause.

What is hospice care? It is care designed to give supportive care to people in the final phase of a terminal illness and focus on comfort and quality of life, rather than cure. The goal is to enable patients to be comfortable and free of pain, so that they live each day as fully as possible. Aggressive methods of pain control may be used. The philosophy of hospice is to provide support for the patient's emotional, social, and spiritual needs as well as medical symptoms as part of treating the whole person.

You may read more of Hospis Malaysia in the attached file here, an extract from Hospis Malaysia’s website or visit
http://www.hospismalaysia.org/

I will show you proof of my run (my friend Paul would certainly require me show him I completed my 42km run), in the form of a finisher medal via email, after my run. Then, you may write a cheque direct to Hospis Malaysia and hand it to me or give me cash to pass on to Hospis Malaysia. However, i can only give you an official receipt (which you will require for tax purposes) later as I have to get it from Hospis Malaysia. Ngae has informed Hospis Malaysia about my mission.

Cheers,

Jenny Lee of M/s Hazidin Chan

leejxin@gmail.com

1 comment:

plee said...

All the very best to Ngae, both Jennys and Jamie in the SCKLM. I would like to pledge RM50.00 to Hospis M'sia.

email : plee1963@gmail.com
It is my 1st Mara too. See you there.


Cheers
Paul Lee