Friday, August 31, 2007

From Sam - Yong Peng - 2:11 p.m.

"Having lunch in Yong Peng. 110K to go. Very hot and a strong head wind. Still making good time. 3 dropped out..."

Sam did list the guys that had to drop out just to keep me up to date. It doesn't matter though, they are all heroes and in the words of John "The Penguin" Bingham, "The miracle isn't that they finished. The miracle is that they had the courage to start"

I was out buying tricycles for the boys when I got this message and I was so blown away by their progress I just had to call Sam. He was is very good spirits but they were just starting off again so we only spoke for a few seconds. He said that the clouds were forming pretty heavily so I guess they're in for a bit of a storm.

If all goes well they'll be there by about 6:00pm I estimate which is amazing. I'm very excited to receive the next update.

No comments: