Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Liar Liar

Below is the police report that was submitted by the van driver that ran me over last September. Needless to say I didn't suddenly swerve into his path but rather due to a combination of stupidity and incompetence he simply drove into me for no apparent reason.

You will of course be pleased to note his last comments on the report "HE WAS NOT INJURED". Well we're all no doubt relieved to hear that.

He failed to mention in his report however, that although we'd become briefly acquainted with each other, as I came through his windscreen, he drove off without so much as a care as to whether I was alive or dead!

"On the 2/09/06 at about 10.55 am, I was driving m/van No. WDT 7460 from Balakong towards Simpang Balak.
When I arrived at the Km 17 of the Cheras-Kajang Highway, suddenly a cyclist in front of me swerved to the right.I braked but due to close proximity, collided into this cyclist.
As a result of this incident my m/van suffered damage as follows: front windscreen smashed, front left bumper dented, front bonnet dented, other damage not known as yet. I was not injured".

2 comments:

Adrian said...

this sort of sh*t makes my blood boil. even if it wasn't his fault (which I'm sure it was) whats the going rate for leaving the scene of an accident where a fellow human (assuming the van driver is human of course) is seriously injured? i have never encountered so many instances of people who clearly don't give a sh*t about others and haven't got the b*lls to admit their mistakes. i am sure you can obtain plenty of witnesses as to your bike handling skills. good luck to you if you intend to pursue this.

azmyspin said...

Friends, when u r out there on your bike, plz remember this piece of advise: NEVER TRUST A SINGLE CAR, EVER! Simon buddy, I'm just glad that u managed to get yrself thru this ordeal. My best wishes to u mate! -AZMY, California Fitness.