Thursday, June 05, 2008

41% Overnight Increase in Malaysian Petrol Prices

Where did that come from? Only the other day I was chuckling with Chris Wayman as he was telling me it cost him over RM800 (GBP130) to fill up his BMW 5 series with deisel while I was bragging that it only cost me RM115 (GBP18).

Well not anymore, the government came out of left field last night and increased the price by 41%. Having just bought a new car with a 70ltr petrol tank and petrol guzzling tendancies, this now means it'll cost me RM182 to fill up!! Shock Horror!

Nevermind though I can still chuckle at those poor souls shivering in the English summer weather as this is still less than GBP29.

1 comment:

Chantal Wayman said...

£130 to fill up?? Either you or Chris are prone to a little bit of exaggeration...it actually costs £80 to fill the beema up......although it'll probably be £130 for real by the end of the summer.

see ya soon