Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fact not Ficton - Sex on Wheels

Well Trek were true to their word again, a new Equinox TTX SSL was delivered last week in time for me to compete in Miri (sadly I was sick as a dog and couldn't go but that's another story). I bought the first Trek Team Time Trial in 2001, (this is the third time they have replaced it) they have clearly had some issues with the bottom bracket which I suspect is partially due to my high mileage, aggressive riding style but also the climate her in Asia - bonding agents don't seems to last as long as they do in a less hot and humid climate.

The Team Time Trial was an awesome bike but it did lack something in lateral stiffness and was a tad heavy in my mind. The TTX SSL on the other hand is as rigid as you can get, light as a feather and clearly more aero. Not only that but the clamping system on the saddle that I always had a problem with seems to have been fixed with a sexy new mechanism.

I could go on an on but I'll let the pictures do the talking - check out the last picture - Sid and Seb were seriously impressed!





2 comments:

yipwt said...

my saliva is dripping...this is one hell of a bike.

Michelle Looi said...

need to ask you some question about bike fitting. What's your email? mine is michlooi@gmail.com