Monday, October 15, 2007

Angela's Schwarzwald Marathon

This is what my sis, Angela had to report about smashing her personal best at the Schwarzwald Marathon: -

"Hi everyone,

Yesterday I did the "Schwarzwald Marathon" in 4:38, almost half an hour better than my personal best! I am absolutely over the moon especially since at km. 16 I started to get a migraine and couldn't actually see much of the path I was supposed to be following. I kept on asking everybody who passed me if they had a paracetamol (I didn't think they would have migraleve with them!) eventually a supporter from a very nice lady ran to his car and met me at the next drink stop and gave me a tablet. There was no looking back then, off I went, content to hope it would eventually go away a bit - which it did. I lost quite a lot of time during the wait but once I felt a bit better I got cracking. Maybe the slow bit did me good? who knows.

I felt great when I finished anyway - I don't think I've ever been so full of energy after a race, let alone a marathon. (not that I wanted to run much though) I've got some pretty sore muscles today but I can still go up AND downstairs.

Loads of love

Angie"

No comments: