Monday, April 07, 2008

Monday Morning Chuckle

(Courtesy of Sian - so if you're Irish you know who to speak to)

Pat and Mick walking down a street in London and Pat happens to look in one
Of the shop windows and sees a sign that catches his eye. The sign said

'Suits £5.00 each, Shirts £2.00 each, trousers £2.50 per pair'.

Pat says to his pal, 'Mick, will you look at that! We could buy a whole lot
Of dose, and when we get back to Ireland , we could make a fortune. Now when
We go into the shop, you be quiet, okay? Just let me do all the talking
Cause if they hear our accent, they might not be nice to us. I'll speak in
My best English accent.'

'Roight y'are, Pat, I'll keep me mouth shut, so I will.' says Mick.

In they go and Paddy, in his best English accent, says 'I'll take 50 suits
At £5.00 each, 100 shirts at £2.00 each, and 50 pairs of trousers at £2.50
Each. I'll back up my van and ......'

The owner of the shop interrupts, 'You're from Ireland , aren't you?'

'Well...yes,' says a surprised Pat. 'How de hell d' y' know dat?'


The owner says,
.>
.>
.>
.>
.>
.>
.>
.>
.>
.>
'Because this is a dry cleaners.'

No comments: