Friday, May 15, 2009

Breaking News - Disco Dave shaves legs

Simon says: - "I have been teasing Disco Dave for the longest time about his unkempt hairy legs. I never for one moment thought that he'd take me seriously and actually commit to the ranks of the hairless ones - not only that he is doing his first tri outside the comfort zone of his Malaysian based tri buddies - Dave has committed, he IS a triathlete. I'm far from laughing Dave, I applaud you - have an awesome race - looking forward to the race write-up (an Exclusive of course!)as soon as you can get it to us .

Here's what Dave had to say: -

"Hi Simon,

Hope you are well Buddy.

I’m off to do my 1st solo Triathlon here in Taiwan (Hualien International Cup) without all my mates from TTH.

I have however taken a leaf out of your book and set myself a testing target of <30mins for the 1.5km swim, <90mins for the 45km bike (with some serious hill climbs apparently) & <60mins for the 10km run so I can get inside 3 hours.

I’m sharing this with you so that you can act as my “Jimminy Cricket” conscious but to also share with you, and this is the bit that will make you smile, that I have finally taken your advice and am typing this note to you as a “plucked pheasant”.

I have to confess that I feel like I am actually bloody naked mate but given my lack of training I’m relying on this lack of drag to help me beat my target times J

Will let you know how I get on next week when I get back. Meantime, I hope you’ve not done yourself a mischief by laughing so much at this news.

See you soon Buddy.

All the best

Dave"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shaved Dave would be good to pose for some mags.