Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ngae - Latest Update - Amazing News

Update: My op was on 31.3.2009. The neuro surgeon told me previously not to run for 3 months after the op in order for the bone fusion and brain recovery. I was only to walk for that 3 months period. A month ago in the last appointment he cleared me for swim . I started my swim then. I had been training fast walk since two weeks after the op.

The recent appointment with my neuro surgeon was on last thursday (6 weeks since my op). On thursday after his examination he cleared me to run!!! I feel so thankful to God. I think the neuro surgeon had not operated someone like this before. Now I can run THOUGH NOT TOO INTENSIVE AND NOT TO BUMP INTO OTHERS.

It has been two and half months since my last run (in IM Langkawi on 28.2.2009). I did my first 5K run this morning at the Lake Gardens and felt so happy inside. This is perfect timing. Pacesetters 15K run is tomorrow. I called Pacesetters office but it is too late to register but I will be running the 15K with Jenny without registration. I will be slow but I will run it.

Looking at 2010 Ironman. But I m not sure when to go on my bike again. I can't afford a fall from the bike unless I am sure that the skull has regained its original toughness to protect the brain. As the surgeon put it, I am given the second life ( Beside the risk of the op, I could easily have had a seizure in the swim in Langkawi IM and sank). I can't be hoping for the third.

The surgeon told me before the op about the many risk of a brain op. Beside the risk during the op there are many post-op risks i.e. memory loss, fit/siezure, speech disability, vision problem, inbalance in walking etc etc. I thank God for my second life seems so good and I have not encounter these problems. I thank everyone from near and far for their prayers and their thoughts for me during my op.

Looks like I can revise my original target to walk KL marathon on 28 June...

2 comments:

plee said...

good to have him back!

Paul

Unknown said...

Thank you buddy. Hope to c u pple in Putrajaya Half Ironman whether I can do or not.